【Draft of my HOME】



My home is an American football field at Waseda university. There are a lot of yellow balls and lacrosse sticks. The field was filled with greenery and so quiet, not busy although in Tokyo. Sometimes the entire field is covered with fog. I love the contrast between the green of the lawn and the blue and orange of the sky at sunrise. In the winter morning, when I head to the field to get ready for practice, it's still so dark that I can't do anything without turning on the lights. The presence of the sun peeking through the trees released me from the pain of getting up at 4:30 every morning. For me, the American football field is an indispensable place to purify my mind.

The second family for me is my teammate on the lacrosse team. They are my sun and inspire me with their efforts. We are an "Orange Circle" because the whole team is so passionate about practicing together in pursuit of "Victory.” I’m proud to have found such precious members with whom I can talk about anything, comfort each other, and even sometimes criticize each other. If I have to travel two hours to the next prefecture to play against the team there, we devote most of our day to club activities. In other words, I may be spending more time with my teammates than with my real family. It's only been a little over a year since I've met them, yet we spend most of our time together so we understand each other. I think this may be the first time I've ever developed a relationship that goes so deep into a person. My teammates are one of the elements that have helped me grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【Reaction to chapter 2】

【Reaction to Chapter 1】

【My first impression of Yale】