【What is the HOME for me】





My home is an American football field at Waseda university. There are a lot of yellow balls and lacrosse sticks. The field was filled with greenery and so quiet, not busy although in Tokyo. Sometimes the entire field is covered with fog. I love the contrast between the green of the lawn and the blue and orange of the sky at sunrise. In the winter morning, when I head to the field to get ready for practice, it's still so dark that I can't do anything without turning on the lights. The presence of the sun peeking through the trees released me from the pain of getting up at 4:30 every morning. For me, the American football field is an indispensable place to purify my mind.


      

The family for me is my teammate on the lacrosse team. They run around the field wearing red shirts written WASEDA with collar and black skort. They are my sun and inspire me by their efforts. We are like "Orange Circle" because the whole team is so passionate about practicing together in pursuit of "Victory.” I’m proud to have found such precious members with whom I can talk about anything, comfort each other, and even sometimes criticize each other.

One of the members called Juri always supports me. She has known me since middle school and is the person who understands me best. Although I am an AT and she is a DF, we are in friendly competition and rivals, even though we are in different positions. In our team, we are often divided into teams according to our level from A to C. As we are both on the A team and the B team, we often move up and down teams at different times. In other words, when I am happy to be promoted to the A team, she is dropped to the B team and at rock bottom. Even then she shares in my joy and is rather more pleased than I am and support each other. I realized that this is the kind of relationship we should have as athletes. If I have to travel two hours to the next prefecture to play against the team there, we devote most of our day to club activities. In other words, I may be spending more time with my teammates than with my real family. It's only been a little over a year since I've met them, yet we spend most of our time together so we understand each other. My teammates are one of the elements that have helped me grow.



      

I on the lacrosse team am the brightest I have ever been in my life. The experience on the Lacrosse team is so precious and means a lot to me. Even though I desired to join the sports team in school since I was young, my dream didn’t come true due to my parental opposition in middle school. While many people look forward to being freed from their constraints, my frustration made me decide to devote my four years of college to club activities. My live to this team can be proven by the fact that when I was a student, I kept motivated to study by watching the team's PV. Me with lacrosse is always vibrant, lively, filled with happy. 


Not even half of my four years of lacrosse life has passed, so many memories have been made with and grown attached to the environment and members, through lacrosse life. I think this may be the first time I've ever developed a relationship that goes so deep into a person.My home, my family, and what makes me who I am is lacrosse. This environment is so comfortable for me. This story teld you how much time do I devote to lacrosse? how much love do I have for lacrosse? what does lacrosse mean to me? 


The time on the lacrosse team will be a significant part of my life in the future!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

【Reaction to chapter 2】

【Reaction to Chapter 1】

【My first impression of Yale】